Community Plan Priorities for Action 2014-2016
The priorities identified in community plans are important as they are a key reference point in strategic plans developed by Council and the overall Council Plan. The information is highly valued by Council and is used when determining priorities for external funding and for identifying the need for specific projects and programs.
- Upgrade to Walking Tracks and Paths
- Upgrade to Tennis Courts, including Parking and Lighting
- Improvements to Recreation Reserve West, including an improvement to BBQ facilities and seating. Additions to include a playground for under 6 year olds, skate park, cricket nets/pitch, climbing wall, rebound wall
- General improvements to Reserve, including lighting, paths and toilets
- General improvements to lighting around the township and prominent intersections
- In the long term, a new community hall and improvements to the water supply
She Oaks and Steiglitz
- Relocation of Steiglitz School to township
- Steiglitz Courthouse disabled toilets and ramps
- Improvements to Boardman Reserve
- Ongoing maintenance of dangerous trees, native vegetation and over hanging branches on several district roads
The Golden Plains Shire Community Planning Program assists community members to work together to develop and implement a community plan. To access a copy of the Maude, She Oaks and Steiglitz Community Plan 2014-2016 click here.