Maude Tennis Club History
First established in 1921, the Maude Tennis Club heralded an enthusiastic 27 members consisting of a mixture of men and women. In the same year the club was born, each member willingly pitched in to construct the club's first tennis court. As club membership grew and demand increased, subsequent tennis courts were erected in 1923 and 1952. The first competitive match entered into by the club was held in 1924 as part of the Mooney Shield Association. The club won the prestigious Mooney Cup nine years later in 1932. Since then the club has gone on to win many competitions and premierships.